We are so very glad you are here. When we ask our newest members why they come to Holy Cross, they said:
“There is actual learning here and opportunities for growth!”
“This is a vibrant, growing community with lots of young families.”
“Solid Biblical teaching & educational opportunities.”
“A lot of options to volunteer!”
“The people of Holy Cross!”
“I’ve enjoyed the ‘Don’t Just GO to Church; BE the Church’ emphasis. It keeps the relationships I have with other people ever-present in my mind throughout the day.”
“We are at home here!”
Below are some of the most frequently asked questions by people who are new.
What time are worship services?Worship times and maps
Are things going on at Holy Cross on other days of the week?
Absolutely. In addition to our Saturday night service, which is often easier to attend for families with busy schedules, we offer midweek Bible studies, youth programs, confirmation classes, community programs, small group meetings, music ministries, midweek education for school-aged children – and of course, our own Lutheran school for preschool through 8th grade. There’s nearly always something going on at Holy Cross!FaTHoM Discipleship Series
When should I arrive?
If it’s your first visit, we think it’s best to arrive 15-20 minutes prior to the start of any worship service. You may enter any door, and you will find someone to direct you and good signage too.
Where do I park?
We have lots of parking around all of the campus buildings, and all of our buildings are handicap accessible.Campus map
What should I expect?
Each worship service lasts around 70 minutes and will include singing, an offering, a few announcements and a great message with real-life illustrations and challenges. We’ll have a time of prayer, and every other week we also offer communion. Our Creative Praise and New Song worship services offer more contemporary music with a band (guitar, drums and vocals), while the Classic Praise services offer more traditional organ and piano music with choirs and bells on occasion. You will find encouraging teaching based in the Bible in EVERY worship service. We’re working hard on providing live streaming in the future, so you can experience worship at Holy Cross before you visit.
What should I wear?
Don’t stress over what to wear! If you’re casual, come casual. Or, if you like your Sunday Best–wear that! We don’t care. We just want you to be comfortable. So, it’s not unusual to see the whole spectrum at any service.
What about my kids?
Our Classic Praise services on Sunday offer a nursery for young child care, located next to the Worship Center, so you can see (and hear) the service if you need to step out for a while. Also these services offer Children’s Church, a special message and an activity time in a nearby classroom during the sermon, so you can focus on the message. Of course, these are optional – many families choose to stay together during the entire worship service. The New Song and Creative Praise worship services are designed for the entire family to stay together, so no Children’s Church is offered then, but of course the nursery remains available at all times.
What do members of Holy Cross believe?What we believe
What are some things that make Holy Cross different?
The people, staff and leadership of Holy Cross are constantly creating new ways to reach our neighbors with the saving grace of Jesus Christ.
- Launching New Congregations – We have extended our ministry north of Holy Cross into the East Hamilton County area. Learn more about Journey Ministries.
- Serving – We focus our involvement in the community through what we call BE the Church. Learn more about Be the Church. We also send Mission Teams to areas around the country to assist with disaster recovery and rebuilding efforts.
- Small Groups – We encourage each other’s faith through small groups, which are gatherings of Christians around God’s Word to reflect on God’s involvement in our lives.
- Youth Ministry – We’re deeply invested in our youth, from middle school through high school on to young adulthood. Learn more about youth programs.
- School Ministry – We operate one of the largest Lutheran Schools in Indiana, serving children from age 2 through 8th grade, as well as their families. Children learn that God is intimately involved in our lives and the world through us. We’re also one of the few designated as an Indiana Four-Star School. Learn more about our school.
How do I join?Membership in Holy Cross
What if I still have more questions?
We’d love to talk with you and answer those questions! Send us an e-mail and we’ll set up a time to talk at your convenience.Ask more questions