Midweek Advent Vespers
“What Child Is This?”
Wednesdays, 6:30 p.m.
- December 6
- December 13
- December 21
Christmas Eve will be ALL WEEKEND (SIX opportunities to experience Christmas Eve!)
Christmas Eve this year will be on a Sunday…. so ALL weekend services will be a Christmas Eve experience.
- On Saturday, December 23, 5:30 p.m. – Creative Praise Contemporary Christmas Presentation (with candles)
- Sunday morning there will be ONE service at 10:00 a.m. Christmas Eve Festival Worship with choirs and hymns (no candles).
- 4:00 p.m. Family Caroling Service (no candles)
- 6:00 p.m. Festival Christmas Eve with candles
- 7:30 p.m. Creative Praise Contemporary Christmas Presentation (with candles)
- 9:00 p.m. Festival Christmas Eve with candles & Holy Communion (with candles).
The sermon will be the same in all of these Christmas Eve services.
We hope that this will allow a variety of times and styles for your family and friends to celebrate the Birth of our Savior. It’s an excellent time to invite someone!
Christmas Day Worship
- ONE Service only on Sunday, December 25
Christmas Day Festival Worship with Holy Communion – 10:00 a.m.
New Year’s Eve Worship
- New Year’s Eve Weekend will be the same schedule as normal. (5:30p, 8:30a, 10:45a, & 11:00a)
- New Year’s Eve Vespers with Holy Communion – 6:30 p.m.
Lessons and Carols
The service of Lessons and Carols, which has become a tradition at Holy Cross, will be presented on Sunday, December 17, at our 8:30 and 10:45 a.m. services. This narration of the promise and the fulfillment of that promise in the coming of the Christ-Child will be presented that morning in word and song. Our Adult Choir, Bell Choir, and Orchestra will be helping with the presentation that morning.
Sunday School Christmas Service
Our annual Sunday School Christmas service, will be presented on Sunday, December 10 at 10:00 a.m. in the Worship Center. The Sunday School children, grades pre-school through 6, will be involved in this presentation, and the congregation will be asked to participate as well.