Midweek LENT 2017: Discover Your Values
We all have personal values that guide us through every day, every task, and every encounter. Yet, few of us have taken the time to discover what those values are, and see if those discovered values are consistent with what God values.
This year’s Lenten series beginning on Ash Wednesday, March 1, will focus on the values we share as a congregation, and in the process we will discover what our own personal values are and how well they align with our congregation. Each Sunday and Wednesday sermon from March 5 through Palm Sunday, April 9, will explore the six discovered values of Holy Cross. The adult Sunday morning FaTHoM studies “Revelation” and “The Story” will take a break and resume after Easter, while we offer this one FaTHoM adult study on the six values each Sunday morning during Lent at 9:45 a.m.
Midweek Lenten Services will be held each Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. March 1 through April 5.
- Ash Wednesday, March 1 – “What Do You Value?”
- Sunday, March 5 & Wednesday, March 8 – “Ongoing Faith Development”
- Sunday, March 12 & Wednesday, March 15 – “Lutheran Doctrine”
- Sunday, March 19 & Wednesday, March 22 – “Community Impact”
- Sunday, March 26 & Wednesday, March 29 – “Relationships”
- Sunday, April 2 & Wednesday, April 5 – “Joyful Response”
- Palm Sunday, April 9 – “Excellence”
- Maundy Thursday, April 13 – “The Value of Forgiveness” 6:30 p.m.
- Good Friday, April 14 – “The Value of the Cross” 6:30 p.m.
- Easter Sunday, April 16 – “The Value of the Empty Tomb”
Easter Sunday Worship
- 7:00 a.m. – Sunrise Worship with Holy Communion (Traditional)
- 8:30 a.m. – Easter Festival Worship with Holy Communion (Traditional)
- 10:45 a.m. Easter Festival Worship with Holy Communion (Traditional)
- 11:00 a.m. Easter Contemporary Worship with Holy Communion in the Gym
There will be NO Saturday evening worship on April 15