FamJam Parenting Workshop
will be held at Holy Cross on Saturday, November 3, 2018
Register now to get the Earlybird Discount …only $5!
$5/Adult AND ONLY $5/Child ($10 after October 28)
Being a parent is one of the most rewarding, yet challenging jobs in the world, especially in today’s society. How many of us have asked ourselves, “Am I spending enough quality time with my kids? Am I giving them too much stuff? Am I putting enough effort in my marriage? What are we doing well? What areas are we really struggling with and could use help?” When these questions arise, we often don’t know where to look. It’s rare that we take a step back and evaluate how our home is run. “Fam Jam” is here to help with that!
“FamJam” is a morning of professional development for families and parents to provide a pocketful of new ideas to reenergize your family, strengthen your bond with God, and encourage your role as Christian parents.
will gather at Holy Cross to provide insight on things like anxiety, sibling relationships, sleep issues, and even picky eaters. There’s something for everyone! This will be helpful for grandparents, aunts & uncles, nannies & babysitters, and anyone who cares for children.
Lunch is included!
And here’s the best part: FUN Child Care provided for ALL ages 0-8th grade for only $5 each child
PLEASE NOTE: Children registration is also $5 to cover the cost of the presenters and food.
Special activities planned with Camp Lakeview staff for 4th grade & up!
Children will eat with their parents. No child may attend without a parent present.
This is not just for Holy Cross families.
This is for the whole community!
Schedule for the Day
8:30-9:00 – Welcome
9:00-9:20 Opening Assembly
9:30-10:20 Session 1
10:30-11:20 Sessions 2
11:30-12:20 Session 3
Here are the Workshop Topics:
Session One (9:30-10:20a)
Who Will Take Care of My Kids and My Assets? Estate Planning 101
– April Arnett & Justine Overturf Singh, Attorneys (for more info
The Liturgy of Marriage (based on Tim’s recent book by the same name CLICK HERE)
– Dr. Tim Heck, Author & Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (for more info
Raising Grateful Kids in an Entitled World
– Marianne Miller, Author & Certified Parenting Instructor (for more info
From Scattered to Successful: Strengthen Your Child’s Skills to Get Organized
– Megan Peck, Owner “Mini Minds”, Mental Health Counselor (for more info
Rock the Lunch Box
– Stephanie Drewry, Owner of Sprouts Cooking School (for more info
Session Two (10:30-11:20a)
Christian Leadership Parenting: Influence Your Child’s Heart
– Rev. Dr. Randall Schroeder, Counselor (for more info
Family Game Night: Literacy & Math Learning – Erika Radford, Principal at the Early Learning Center at Brook Park
Less Stress & More God: A Time Management Session – Tonya Harvey, Motivational Speaker
Engaging Parents with Teachers (Behavior, Discipline & Homework)
– Dr. Jon Mielke, Superintendant of Indiana Lutheran Schools(for more info
Parents, Teens and Money Matters
– Presented by Thrivent Financial (for more info
Session Three (11:30-12:20a)
– Dr. Laura Hollenbeck, Pediatrician (for more info
Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT): Tapping to Optimize Emotional Health and Improve Physical Health and Healing
– Cara Olsen, Counselor (for more info
Are You Doing It All or Is That All You’re Doing? – Valerie Hall & Julie Gayes, Early Childhood Consultants
Siblings: Stay Out of Being a Parent Referee
– Sally Groff, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, Registered Play Therapist (for more info
The Christian Dad
– Rev. John Sattler, Pastor of Holy Cross Lutheran Church, Indianpolis (for more info
Click to Register!