The FaTHoM logo (above) helps to communicate our discipleship process at Holy Cross. The four waves of water illustrate four types of discipleship every Christians experiences along their faith journey:
- Wave 1: Invitational Discipleship (Primarily worship services)
- Wave 2: Instructional Discipleship (Primarily classes)
- Wave 3: Relational Discipleship (Primarily faith families/small groups)
- Wave 4: Vocational Discipleship (Primarily one-on-one conversations)
“I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.” Ephesians 3
FaTHoM is offered twice each week. Here are the details…
(click these links)
FaTHoM Wednesday is a mid-week Christian Education evening for the whole family, infants through adults. We call it “FaTHoM” as it help us to “go deeper” in our understanding of God’s love. It is integrally connected with and mirrors our FaTHoM Sunday program, but on Wednesday we can begin with a meal and fellowship together to enhance our connections with each other. The rest of the time together is spent in one of the many electives that are offered for children & adults. It is offered every Wednesday (except during Advent and Lent) when we gather for worship instead of classes. It all begins at 6:00 p.m. followed by fun and fellowship for school-aged children, confirmation classes for our junior high youth, and a series of study electives for adults young and old.
You can purchase a meal for FaTHoM Wednesday in advance, or bring your own.
Meals will be available each Wednesday evening to make it easier for busy families to get to FaTHoM. Each Wednesday, you may purchase pizza or Chick-Fil-A. Parents please drop off your child in their respective classrooms, then proceed to the gym to pick up your meal and then take it to the classroom to eat together as a class in your elective. Class discussion will begin at 6:00 p.m. and you may participate as you eat. Children will eat as a class in the gym. Online ordering for meals will allow for ordering on Tuesday of the week you plan to attend (or for the whole year if you wish). The early Christians ate together every day to build relationships, love and care for one another. Join us!Purchase FaTHoM Wednesday meals
- How We Got the Bible Have you ever wondered how the Bible came together? Led by Scott Jung.
- Joining Jesus on His Mission – This study will alter the way you see your life as a follower of Jesus. Led by Brandon Grelle.
- Entrusted – A video-based Beth Moore study geared toward women. Led by Michelle Searcy.
- Solo Studies– Each week will be a stand-alone topic that will allow you to pop in for a Bible Study. Teachers vary by week.
To Register for your Electives, go to www.hclc.info/register
“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
1 Timothy 3:16-17
For children and youth, here are the classroom locations:
- Infant-2yrs (WITH Parent) ~ (Room 301)
- Preschool (Age 3-4) ~ (Room 201)
- Kindergarten & Grade 1 ~ (Room 205)
- Grades 2 & 3 ~ (Room 501)
- Grades 4 & 5 ~ (Room 502)
- Grade 6 ~ (Room 503)
- Jr. & Sr. High ~ Brandon Grelle (Faith Life Center)
ALL Children’s classes BEGIN in the Worship Center for music & worship before heading off to their respective classrooms. Pickup for the children will be in the classrooms listed above.
FaTHoM Sunday Electives
- The Story returns to Holy Cross for this 31-week Sunday study. Take a guided journey through the key passages of the entire Bible. Led by Pastor Sattler. The Story book is available for $5.
- Revelation: Trusting the Architect of the Future Led by Faith Life Director, Scott Jung.
- The Gospel Centered Life – How does the Gospel apply to your life? Led by Pastor McClean.
To register, CLICK HERE
For 7th and 8th Grade students, confirmation classes are offered every Wednesday during the school year from 6:00-7:30 p.m. as an alternative elective during FaTHoM Wednesday. You can learn more about Confirmation.About Confirmation
Tuesday Bible Study
Christianity 101 – 7:00-9:00 p.m. (Starting January 17, 2017)
GriefShare – 6:00 p.m.
Ladies Wednesday Study
Each Wednesday at 9:15 a.m. in The Youth Center of the Faith Life Center, Rachel Engler leads a study just for women.
Men’s Bible Breakfast
A time for men to join each other in collaborative discussion of the Bible. 1st and 3rd Saturdays each month at 8:00 a.m. in Room 301.
Women’s Bible Breakfast
All women are invited to visit and discuss the Bible on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month at 8:00 a.m. in the Wartburg Room of the Faith Life Center.
Why is it FaTHoM?
The consonants in “FaTHoM” (F-T-H-M) illustrate the four primary guides that lead you through the various waves of discipleship:
Friends invite you to experience the love of Jesus.
Teachers help you understand the love of Jesus.
Healthy Communities help you apply the love of Jesus.
Mentors guide you to live out the love of Jesus in your home, church, and world.