Our tour of Germany July 13-25, 2017, was an awesome experience! To walk where Martin Luther walked was inspiring and educational. Here are some photos of what we experienced. Click on a photo to enlarge it.
To see some more photos, CLICK HERE!
Pastor John & Meg Sattler led a tour of Germany July 13-25, 2017 with 17 pilgrims joining us. We went this year because it’s the 500th anniversary of the event that triggered the Lutheran Reformation in Germany.
We experienced the culture and the history of Germany today while also going back in time to the very beginnings of the Lutheran Reformation as Martin Luther ignited the fire that restored the church to its foundation in the words of Scripture. It all started in October 1517 and we were there 500 years later to celebrate one of the most significant events in all human history.
Download our itinerary here
For more information:Contact Pastor John Sattler
Stuff About Germany
- Cities in Germany where Luther had a major impact.
- Historical figures involved in the Lutheran Reformation.
- Brief Overview of Martin Luther and the role he played in the Reformation
- History of the Reformation
- Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod site about the Anniversary events.
- Germany’s official site about the Anniversary events.
- Some of the Places/Cities/Museums we will see in Germany.
- Another website with lots of info about visiting Germany and The Reformation Anniversary
- Here is what we’re celebrating this year: Martin Luther’s 95 Theses, nailed to the door of the church in Wittenberg, October 31, 1517.